Holy Spirit, One, Ho…
Cool quote of the week: Mary is the bride without spot or wrinkle. “This is why the Marian dimension of the Church precedes the Petrine.” CCC 773
The Church is both human and divine. The People of God are of God, not members by birth but reborn through faith and baptism. We are messianic. Our law is to love like Christ and destiny is the Kingdom of God.
We participate in the Priest, Prophet and King of the anointing that Jesus has.
The Church is the body and Christ is the head of that body. Jesus is the bridegroom and we, the Church are the bride.
The Holy Spirit works by God’s Word, by Baptism, by the sacraments, by the grace of the apostles, by the virtues and by the many special graces.
We are a: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.
- great richness and diversity is not opposed to the church’s unity
- profession of one faith
- common celebration of divine worship
- apostolic succession
- Human sin is always the cause of any separation
- Called to unity through renewal of the Church, conversion of heart, prayer in common, fraternal knowledge of each other, ecumenical formation, dialogue, collaboration (must place our hope in God because it is out of our power)
- The Church is the “holy people of God”
- The members are Saints by the grace of God
… to be continued next week …